Mediterranean Pizza RecipeSaturday, March 29, 2014
This week's pizza is full of amazing Mediterranean flavors. If you like Feta, this one is for you. And the addition of green things can help convince your brain that this is a healthy pizza. Mmmm...Convinced.
Wonderful as is, but can be made extra-Greek-y and delicious with the addition of toppings like artichoke hearts & olives. Go with what you love!
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 large store-bought crust or 1/2 of this Homemede Pizza Dough recipe
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for drizzling
- 4 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 cup Spinach leaves, washed, dried, and torn
- 4 oz. Sundried Tomato & Basil Feta, crumbled
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees if using homemade pizza dough. If using a pre-made crust, follow the directions on the package.
- Line your pizza pan with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stretch your dough out over your pan and roll the edges in to form the crust.
- Mix the EVOO, garlic, Italian seasoning, & salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture onto your crust and spread with your hands or the back of a spoon. Make sure to brush it over the outer edges of the crust too. (Tip: if you like super-fluffy crust, let it sit in a warm spot for about 20 minutes at this point.)
- Layer on the spinach, feta, & mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is medium brown and cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown.
Warning: Pinterest is hazardous to pizza health.
I'll be sharing our favorite pizza recipes every Saturday. What's your favorite pizza?