Taco Supreme Pizza RecipeFriday, April 4, 2014
This is the ultimate favorite in our house. Also with most of our guests who have had it. Take the best of pizza and tacos, put it all together and what do you get? A delicious mess. Delicious.
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 large store-bought crust or 1/2 of this Homemede Pizza Dough recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups Mexican-style cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced onion, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, sliced avocado
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees if using homemade pizza dough. If using a pre-made crust, follow the directions on the package.
- Brown the ground beef, strain; add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Line your pizza pan with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stretch your dough out over your pan and roll the edges in to form the crust.
- Mix the EVOO, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture onto your crust and spread with your hands or the back of a spoon. Make sure to brush it over the outer edges of the crust too.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cover with ground beef and cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 10 more minutes.
- Slice and top with lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, avocado slices, and anything else you like. Enjoy!