Easy Game Day Dinner + Coca-Cola Float Recipe & Straw Flags Free Printable!Monday, February 1, 2016
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPizzaCombo #CollectiveBias
Who's ready for the big Game Day? I love a good get-together as much as the next lady, but I don't always enjoy being stuck in the kitchen preparing for it. You know me, I love quick and easy options, and one of the quickest and easiest options for a Game Day party or family dinner is to pick it up! I recently picked up a Coca-Cola & Pizza Combo at Sam's Club for so much less than you can get it delivered, made yummy Coca-Cola Floats for dessert and topped it all off with fun Game Day Straw Flags. It made the perfect playoff spread for our family dinner and I barely lifted a finger. I would call that a win!
The combo includes a hot, freshly made 16-in. pizza (cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage, or Supreme), cheesy breadsticks with 2 marinara dipping sauces, 6 big chocolate chip cookies, and a 2-liter of Coca-Cola or Diet Coke for just $13.98! That's cheaper than a large pizza delivered! Just go to your Sam's Club Cafe to pick it up.
Soda floats are one of the easiest desserts you can make, and the best part is it looks like you made an effort! You can make a float with any soda, but my personal favorite soda is Coca-Cola.
- Coca-Cola or Diet Coke
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries with stems
- Scoop enough ice cream into your glass to fill it about halfway.
- Pour the Coca-Cola over your ice cream. It will foam up, so have a spoon standing by to scoop off the foam. Keep pouring and scooping until you fill your glass.
- Dollop whipped cream over your float.
- Top with a maraschino cherry!
- a color printer and paper
- Glue or tape
- Game Day Straw Flags printable (Get it by right-clicking on the picture below and choosing "Save Image As..." to download it or get the pdf here.)
- Print out your Game Day Straw Flags sheet at 100% (do not scale up or down.) These will fit any standard-sized straw.
- Cut out as many of the straw flags as you'd like to use for your get-together.
- Spread your glue over half of the inside of the flag you're using (or you can use tape.)
- Place the flag around your straw. Remember to place it far enough down the straw to not interfere with using it.
- Match up the ends of the flag.
- Press in place and allow to dry completely.
I hope you love them and have fun making your game time festive. Pick up a Pizza and Coca-Cola Bundle at the Sam's Club Cafe and make Game Day dinner and dessert a breeze!
What are your plans for the big game? Will you be watching with family or with a crowd? What are your favorite game day foods? I love to read your comments!