Yogurt and Fruit Cantaloupe BoatsFriday, May 13, 2016
With all the delicious fruits are pouring into grocery stores, I've got a great breakfast recipe for you to indulge in this weekend. This yogurt fruit bowl is served in a cantaloupe half, stuffed with sweet, delicious fruits and berries, and topped with granola for a hearty crunch. These Yogurt and Fruit Cantaloupe Boats are healthy, delicious, and gorgeous to boot. They're perfect for a Sunday brunch, or anytime you want a sweet treat.
If cantaloupe is not your thing, these can be served in a honeydew melon, a personal-sized watermelon, or on a pear or peach half for a smaller kid-sized serving. Any fruit with a scoopable flesh will do! You can also fill these with whatever fruits and yogurt flavor you like, so go wild!
Yogurt and Fruit Cantaloupe Boat
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 strawberries - sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Blackberries
- 1/3 cup honeydew - diced
- 1/2 Banana - sliced
- 3 Tablespoon granola
- Slice the cantaloupe in half.
- Using a melon ball scooper, scoop out the inside of the cantaloupe until about 1/2 inch from the skin.
- Spoon the yogurt into the scooped out portion of the cantaloupe, filling it to the rim of the cantaloupe.
- Lay your assorted fruit on top of the yogurt.
- Sprinkle granola on top of the fruit and serve immediately.
What fruits would you use in your bowl? What flavor of yogurt? I love to read your comments!