8 Fun After-Dark Family Activities for Summer Nights!Wednesday, July 13, 2016
One of my favorite things to do when I was younger was to hang outside with my friends and family and just enjoy the Summer! The sun has gone down so it is no longer burning hot outside and bedtimes are flexible because the kids are out of school. It's the perfect time to sit back, relax, and enjoy time together with your loved ones. Today I am going to be sharing with you eight of some of my favorite after-dark activities that are perfect for hanging with your friends and family on those late Summer nights!
1. Glow in the Dark Bowling: A super simple way to play glow in the dark bowling is to get yourself some glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets at the dollar store. Insert a glow stick through a wiffle ball to act as your bowling ball and put glow sticks into two liter bottles to act as your pins. It makes for a fun and affordable glowing game of bowling!
2. Star Gazing: If you want to simply lay together outside and look up at the stars, a great way to do it comfortably is to get yourself a large blow up pool and leave it empty, fill it with pillows and blankets and you can all lay inside of it together to gaze up at the stars. This allows you to do so in a comfortable and dry manner.
3. DIY Homemade Drive-In Movie Night: Do you love the drive-in? You can make your own drive in at home! Get yourself a basic projector and you can project the movie onto the side of your house, or even by just hanging up a simple white sheet on a fence in the backyard. So affordable and gives you that drive in experience!
4. Glow in the Dark Bubbles: Want to blow glow in the dark bubbles? The recipe is simple! Get yourself a bottle of bubbles, break open a glow stick and pour the insides into the bubbles! Shake it up really well and there you have it, glow in the dark bubbles!
5. Nighttime Twister: Twister is always a fun family game because it is hilarious to see everyone try to twist and turn themselves into the ridiculous positions that Twister requires. Kick it up a notch by making yourself a glow in the dark version of the game! All you need is some glow in the dark paint and use it to cover the original circles of your normal Twister mat and there you have it!
6. Swimming in the Dark: If you have a pool and you want to make it a bit more fun, simply get yourself some glow sticks and toss them into the pool! They will help the water to glow and you will have a blast with your night time swimming.
7. Glow in the Dark Wiffle Ball: Another great way to use those glow stick wiffle balls you made for GITD bowling is to use them for GITD Wiffle Ball! Use those balls and your normal wiffle ball bat, use your leftover glow in the dark paint and paint the bases so they glow at night as well and you are good to go for a night game of wiffle ball!
8. Glow in The Dark Slip n Slide: This one can get pretty messy but it is so much fun to play! Get yourself a slip n slide and some glow in the dark paint and you are good to go! Pour that paint on your slip n slide and be sure to wear white! You will get messy but it will look so cool with everyone glowing at night and you can keep the shirts as a memory of the fun of you had together.
These activities are so much fun to do at night and trust me, it is so much more fun when you have your friends and family to play with you! These super simple, affordable, and glowing activities make for the PERFECT Summer Night as a family.
What are some of your favorite after-dark family activities? Will you try any of these? I love to read your comments!