Make Your Own DIY Pumpkin Spice Candles This Fall!Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Guess what, guys? It's time for Pumpkin Spice everything! Many have been eagerly awaiting the delicious treats that become available this time of year, but it doesn't have to stop with pies and cakes. You can make your own DIY Pumpkin Spice Candles to warm your home with the yummy scents of fall while unwinding with your favorite latte.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Candle
- 2 c. Soy Wax flakes
- 1 candle wick, long enough for your container
- Hot glue gun (super glue might work)
- 1 orange crayon
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Spice seasoning
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pencil or wood skewer
- Glass container of choice
1. Prepare your container by dabbing hot glue on the metal disc of the wick and sticking it in the center of the glass jar.
2. Using a non-stick pot, heat the soy flakes on low heat. Stir as they heat to prevent any sticking and to assist the melting process.
3. Prepare to add some color. There's no need to buy candle dye blocks; use a wax crayon instead. Peel the paper, break it into bits, and drop it into the mixture. Stir until melted completely.
6. Pour the wax mixture into the jar.
7. Allow the candle to sit in a cool location and harden for 4-5 hours. Trim the wick to around 1/4 inch and you are ready to light it!
Have you ever tried making candles? What are some of your favorite scents? I love to read your comments!