Crushing It: Make an Easy Fall Felt Cup Sleeve!Saturday, October 22, 2016
Fall is the busiest time of year for moms. Between back-to-school and holiday prep, I'm always on the go. How do I do it? Ridiculous amounts of coffee. I've become quite the connoisseur of a good cup of java and I've always got a cup in hand, even when I'm on the go. Especially when I'm on the go. I'm crushing it with Dixie® To Go cups and I created this cute Felt Cup Sleeve for all of my fall adventures with coffee and I made a video to show you how. It's a simple and fun DIY, so get creative! You can make one for every season!
And it's not just mornings, it's afternoons too. I'm back and forth all afternoon picking the kids up from school, going to sports practices, friends houses, and to and from volunteering. That doesn't even cover the grocery shopping and errands!
Sometimes I feel like a taxi service, but I always try to get out and have some fun too. Guess what I take with me?
Fall Felt Cup Sleeve DIY
I created this fun Fall Felt Cup Sleeve and even made a template to help you make yours in no time!
- 4 sheets of felt in fall colors
- fabric glue or a hot glue gun
- a marker or pen
- (optional) straight pins or safety pins
- Print out the template at 100% (do not resize) and cut out along the solid lines.
- Trace the cup template onto the sheet of felt you'd like to use for your cup sleeve base and cut out.
- Place the felt around your cup, apply glue one edge, and overlap it with the other edge.
- Trace the fall leaf template onto one of your remaining sheets of felt.
- If you're comfortable cutting through multiple sheets of felt at once, you can stack them, pin them in place and cut the 3 leaves out at one time. Make sure to use very sharp scissors and use your fingers to help keep the layers from shifting.
- Place the leaves on your cup to figure out how you'd like to glue them down. Do you want to spread them out or overlap them? Do this before applying glue!
- Apply the glue to one leaf and place it where you'd like, smoothing it down. Repeat with the remaining leaves.
You're all done! Told you it was super-simple!
I hope you enjoy your Dixie® To Go Fall Felt Cup Sleeve on all your coffee-fueled travels!
How are you crushing it this fall? Will you be making this Fall Felt Cup Sleeve? I love to read your comments!