Game Day 'Make Your Favorite' Fry Bar SpreadWednesday, January 18, 2017
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #DGUnitedByFootball #CollectiveBias
With Game Day weekends here again, it's time for some fun and delicious ideas for feeding your rowdy crowd while they watch the game. Everyone loves french fries and I had an idea for a 'Make Your Favorite' Fry Bar that was a huge success this past weekend. It's a simple enough idea and easy to pull off; Just serve all of your favorite fry toppings and don't forget the ice-cold Coca-Cola! I got all of my game day needs at Dollar General and I'll show you just how I set this up. (Plus a coupon. Score!)
Check out this website for more Coca-Cola-inspired game day ideas, then make this Fry Bar asap!
|Toppings in bowls, clockwise from top-left: salsa, refried beans, salsa con queso, chili, cheddar, bacon, ranch dip, jalapeños, guacamole, sour cream with chives.|
Squeeze bottles down left side: mayo, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ketchup.
- 5 lb. bag of frozen fries (crinkle cut are popular)
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1-15 oz. can of your favorite chili
- 1-15 oz. can of refried beans
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 2-16 oz. containers sour cream
- 1-ranch dip packet
- 4-5 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1-12 oz. jar of sliced jalapeños
- 1-15 oz. jar os Salsa con Queso dip
- 1-16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
- 1-16 oz. tub of your favorite guacamole (or make your own!)
- honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
2. Fill your bowls with your toppings. For the jarred sauces that don't require mixing or heating, simply pour those in.
For the ranch dip: mix together one of the containers of sour cream with the ranch packet.
For the sour cream with chives: mix the other container of sour cream with around 3-4 Tbsp. of fresh chopped chives, leaving some to sprinkle on top.
Leave the chili, refried beans and salsa con queso for last since you'll serve these hot.
3. To keep your Coca-Cola cold during the party, place them in a large, waterproof container and fill with ice.
I recommend using small-sized dessert plates. This will keep portions small and encourage multiple trips. That way people can try a few combinations and get full use of the fry bar.
Let everyone help themselves to their favorite fry toppings and everyone will be happy with what they create!
Some of our favorite creations:
|Salsa con Queso & Jalapeno, Chili & Cheddar, BBQ Ranch.|
|Guac & Sour Cream, Beans & Salsa, Bacon Ranch.|
Check out the #DGUnitedByFootball site for more game day event inspiration!
Are you throwing any Game Day celebrations this year? What do you think of a Fry Bar? I love to read your comments!