Sunshine Sweet Corn, Tomato & Avocado SalsaMonday, April 17, 2017
This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Hi, guys! Today I have a tasty (and gorgeous) recipe for the freshest salsa you've ever tried! This colorful condiment is stuffed to the brim with freshly chopped tomatoes, avocado, bell peppers, red onions, and freshly roasted corn and seasoned to perfections with cumin, lime, and cilantro. If my family's reaction is anything to go by, you'll have a hard time not eating all of this delicious, crunchy salsa in one sitting!
April and May are actually the best times to buy corn because that's when it comes in from Florida. It always makes for an easy and fresh-tasting addition to your spring meals.
Sunshine Sweet Corn from Florida is non-GMO, extra tender, and regulated for quality control. It's the cream of the crop and so sweet and tender, once you taste it you’re hooked! I'm definitely going to be adding more corn recipes into my repertoire this spring.
This recipe calls for fresh roasted corn, but there's no need to fire up the grill, you can roast corn right in your oven.
- Fresh corn, shucked and silk removed
- olive oil
- sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place your corn into a baking dish with room in between cobs.
3. Roast uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until a few of the kernels have started to shrink and wrinkle.
To remove the corn from the cob, just stand it upright and run a sharp knife down the cob!
Now let's make this amazing salsa recipe!
Sunshine Sweet Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salsa
Source: Sunshine Sweet Corn
- 4 ears corn, roasted and kernels removed from the cob
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, hand torn
- 1 lime, juiced (plus more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
- your favorite hot sauce (for heat)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
|Yes, that is a Quart-sized bottle of hot sauce. :)|
This stuff is so good I could eat it with a spoon. Also, I may have eaten it with a spoon.
It's the perfect recipe for a party or even just a family meal. This would be amazing piled over pork tacos or on nachos. I could seriously just pile this over anything.
Also, veggies are good for you. :)
If you're "dieting", stop that. Or at least take a pause for a good-for-you bite (or 27) of the freshest veggies and natural seasonings you can get.
What are your favorite fresh veggies? Will you be trying this salsa recipe? I love to read your comments!